top of page

Threat Hunting

Why Threat Hunting is important ?

Threat hunting is necessary because sophisticated threats can evade automated cybersecurity. Although automated security tools and tier 1 and 2 security operations center (SOC) analysts should be able to deal with roughly 80% of threats, the remaining 20% must be addressed. The remaining 20% of threats are more likely to be sophisticated threats capable of causing significant damage. They can break into any network and avoid detection for up to 280 days on average if given enough time and resources. Effective threat hunting shortens the time between intrusion and detection, reducing the amount of damage done by attackers.

How Threat Hunting works ?

A successful threat hunting programme is built on an environment's data fertility. In other words, an organizations must first have a data-collection enterprise security system in place. Its data provides valuable information to threat hunters.

Cyber threat hunters bring a human element to enterprise security, complementing automated systems. They are skilled IT security professionals who search for, log, monitor, and neutralize threats before they cause major problems. They are usually security analysts from a company's IT department who are well-versed in its operations, but they can also be outside analysts.

The art of threat hunting is the discovery of unknowns in the environment. . It goes beyond traditional detection technologies, such as security information and event management (SIEM), endpoint detection and response (EDR) ,and others. Threat hunters comb through security data. They look for hidden malware or attackers, as well as patterns of suspicious activity that a computer may have missed or judged to be resolved but isn't. They also assist in patching an enterprise's security system to prevent a similar cyberattack from occurring in the future.

The dwell time of a threat actor in an organization's IT environment often exceeds 100 days. The more data is at risk, the longer the dwell time. How do you know your organization isn't compromised right now? Threat Hunting is an intelligence-led, expert-driven, proactive investigation that seeks evidence of a compromise within your organization, whether successful or not. Sophisticated threat actors are always improving their techniques to evade the latest detection tools and controls. This is where our intelligence-led, proactive threat hunting service comes in. Our goal is to outwit the attackers by using our extensive experience and investigative techniques to look for signs of a compromise. We think of it as cyber security's equivalent of hand-to-hand combat.

How we can assist

Our experienced investigative consultants and response analysts act as the intelligent hunter that will look for threat actors and evidence of a compromise and then investigate anything that is of concern. This includes looking into sources both inside and outside of your network's perimeter, as well as investigating the entire cyber kill chain and all stages of intrusion and exploitation. We can tailor our threat management services to your organization's needs, whether it's a one-time Compromise Assessment or ongoing proactive threat hunting, in-house staff training and staff augmentation, or strategic advice.

Why Protechmanize ?

As a leading provider of cyber security simulation exercises (such as red teams and penetration testing), we understand the attacker's mindset. Our goal is to mimic the sophisticated tactics and tools used by attackers in order to help clients keep their systems secure. We have a team of highly skilled, certified incident responders who have investigated Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), elusive state-sponsored criminal activity, and sophisticated criminal activity.

Get Consultation today

Want Consultation for your organisation's Infrastructure security, get it today.

bottom of page